ON THIS TRIP WE WILL CHECK OUT THE BEST OF THE BEST FROM LONDON TO BERLIN TO KRAKOW TO BUDAPEST TO BELGRADE TO ATHENS (PLUS A BUNCH OF OTHERS)
From the Square Mile (aka London) to the glorious beaches of Greece, via heaps of other rad countries that have ‘other’ names, this ace adventure covers all things action, culture and FOOD!
- Start; London, United Kingdom on 2nd September 2019
- Finish; Athens, Greece
- Destinations; Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece,
- Hungary, Macedonia, Netherlands, Poland, Serbia, United Kingdom
- Code; GELAC
- Ages; Min 18 yrs , Max 50yrs
- Group size; Min 4, Max 16
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TRIP
- Contrast the booming city of Paris with time to see the city’s world famous sights – such as the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre – without having to rush
- The beating heart of modern Germany, Berlin is packed with history, arts and culture. The city’s poignant memorials serve not just to recognise the past, but to educate new generations into the future
- Soak up the royal history of Krakow’s Wawel Castle and step back in time with a stroll through its medieval main square
- Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and bohemian vibes of the Czech Republic. Soak up the smooth sounds of jazz at a low-lit bar in Prague before stepping right into a fairytale of Cesky Krumlov
- Wander through Belgrade’s Bohemian quarter and grand 19th-century boulevards, before launching yourself into its animated nightlife.
- Sitting alongside its Ottoman past, the Macedonian capital of Skopje has reinvented its centre with gleaming neo-classical monuments and buildings, adding a new layer to this fascinating city.
- Uncover thousands of years of civilisation in Athens with a visit to the world-famous Acropolis and the ancient Agora.
- There’s nothing quite like dining on rich and hearty moussaka or grilled lamb and tzatziki in a traditional Greek tavern. Just wash it all down with a shot (or two) of ouzo.
IS THIS TRIP RIGHT FOR YOU?
- You’ll mostly travel by train, which means you can avoid traffic jams and arrive right in the city centres. European trains are comfortable and always have toilets, however can be quite busy at times. Remember that you’ll have to carry your own luggage on and off the train, so try not to exceed our weight and size recommendations.
- This trip is for travellers who appreciate a bit of independence. You’ll get plenty of free time in each location to make your own choices and do your own activities. Your leader will always be there to give you tips and suggestions.
- Cobblestones are great, until you have to wheel a suitcase across them. It’s an idea to bring a backpack instead.
- As accommodation on this trip is multi-share, single travellers will share a room with (an)other traveller(s) of the same gender, mostly twin and triple This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can! Hotels in Europe often don’t have double beds, but two single beds that can be pushed together/apart. Please also note that most of the accommodations used on this trip offer shared bathrooms, rather than en-suite facilities, and rooms can seem rather small by American or Australian standards.
- As this is a combination of 3 trips, your leader and the composition of your group may change in Berlin and/or Budapest